Re: [OM] Batch convert Raw to JPG

Subject: Re: [OM] Batch convert Raw to JPG
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:23:08 -0800
AS wrote:
> Is there a reliable software that will batch convert from RAW to JPEG?

Others have pointed to several solutions. Of those I know of that are free:

As Candace pointed out, FastStone will do conversions. Although I use it
all the time for other purposes, I've not used it for that.
<http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm>

RawTherapee, which AG just asked about, will also do batch RAW
conversions. <http://www.rawtherapee.com/>

Both of the above, and many other RAW converters, use all or part of
dcraw to actually extract data from the files and/or to do demosaicing, etc.

Dcraw is an excellent RAW batch processor, but it's command line only.
It is rock solid and excellent, but has no GUI, except via other apps
that use it underneath. <http://www.insflug.org/raw/> It supports
everything. If it doesn't yet, onw need only send Dave a sample file and
he will add it. I've done that.There's a good tutorial.
<http://www.guillermoluijk.com/tutorial/dcraw/index_en.htm>

I use it for A650 RAW files that ACR will never support. Putting a batch
file like the following in:

XP: C:\Users\[username]\SendTo\
Vista: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

will result in a Send To option when a file or group of selected files
is right clicked in Explorer, which will batch process the selected files.

--------------------------------------
@echo on
:begin
if _%1_==__ goto end
echo Processing %1...
C:\AA0\dcrawms -v -w -H 0 -o 2 -q 3 -4 -T  %1
shift
goto begin
:end
pause

I have no idea how to do the equivalent in Mac OS, but assume it's
superior nature means there is an easier way to do it.

Moose