Re: [OM] Now that all is white

Subject: Re: [OM] Now that all is white
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:25:02 -0500
At 09:01 PM 12/21/2008, you wrote:

>Well, somewhat wimpy.  This blast of Canadian air (one import I don't care
>for) does help get the eagles congregated at the dams.  I'll take a morning
>or two off from work these next couple of weeks and see if I can aim some
>Zuikos at them.  Whereabouts in Missouri are you headed?

I remember those Canadian blasts,  but also the imports from the
Gulf.  Independence MO. The most north I go is Union Star MO.

I remember growing up with huge snow falls, like I'm experiencing here
in NE. In the last 30 years or so, I can't recall seeing snow in Missourah
anywhere close to what I remember growing up there.

Of course, Iowa, being so flat, lets just about anything come through.
Especially when the corn stalks have been harvested, and the tallest
things around have been cut down.
---

Mike, you don't have any numbers to reference the pictures by.
I like the angle on "491gord-R2-062-29ALCEmod" Normally I
find elements out of focus in the foreground of macros to be
distracting, but this shot seems to work OK, as it goes OOF
quickly.

All the images show good selection with relatively narrow DOF.
Finding an angle that sets the plane of focus in a good way is
the art part of macro photography. Nice work.

Wayne s