Re: [OM] OT---Wierd things going on

Subject: Re: [OM] OT---Wierd things going on
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 01:31:28 +0800
Then I must be the odd one out here.130kmh (approx 81mph) is fairly normal
over here. If I'm desperately needing to make up lost time, I would go to
180kmh (112.5mph) provided the conditions allow but that's not often.
With the high gasoline prices of late, I resorted to keeping my revs as much
as possible below 3,000RPM, which translates to about 110kmh (69mph) for
highway driving. Around town, keeping the revs to no more than 2,500RPM even
for gear change points (auto trans is fuzzy logic) helps me to achieve
around 610km on a single full tank of gas (75 litres).

K.

2008/12/11 Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> > I started driving at 50mph during the high price period, and I still
> > don't go over 65 (indicated – to allow for the 10% error :-)) normally
> > on A roads (not motorways).
> >

> I was also driving like a madman prior to the high gas prices.  Now I drive
> like an old man.  Note to self:  Buy fedora, lower the seat and start
> driving with hands on the top of the wheel.
>
> AG
> --

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney