Re: [OM] OT---Wierd things going on

Subject: Re: [OM] OT---Wierd things going on
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 17:06:31 +0100
Hi Chris.

Of course I have thought that over - you know my professional interest
in weather and climate.
In summertime you certainly have a point, because the heat developed
by the modem is not needed. On the contrary: my air conditioning
system has to work much harder to remove the heat excess ;-)

But during the rest of the year all heat developed by the modem (and
also that of the soon to be banned tungsten lamps!) is not to be
regarded as a complete loss or waste: the central heating thermostat
will take it into account properly and close the gas or hot water
valves to compensate.

Of course I understand that you are prompting me to to mention the bad
effect of air transport on climate. Well, I won't: you had better do
it yourself.  ;-)

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.