Re: [OM] More on using the T32 in manual mode

Subject: Re: [OM] More on using the T32 in manual mode
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 08:02:34 -0500
I didn't for a minute think that you'd actually take my flash advice but
decided I'd offer it anyway.  I could tell from the mix of shutter
speeds, apertures and ISOs on those shots that you were doing a fair
amount of experimenting with what I knew was (to you) a new piece of
equipment.  I also understand CH's comment about making the flash
dominant to avoid color balance problems but I rarely find that
incandescent and flash produce much of a problem together.  Custom white
balance or shooting in raw works fine for me.  Adding fluorescent or
other light sources into the mix can be a different story.

Where you were shooting was tough.  Most of my experience with flash
photography is in a venue where I have had a high degree of control over
the lighting and multiple flash units to work with... sometimes as many
as five.  I'm not really sure if I'd have done much better than you in
the same situation.

Dr. Flash