Re: [OM] More on using the T32 in manual mode

Subject: Re: [OM] More on using the T32 in manual mode
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:06:22 -0600
While I understand Moose's perspective on this, and for many applications,
I'm right there with him.  I personally prefer ambient lighting whenever
possible.  But the fact is, when I MUST get the shots, it sure helps having
your own little controlled world of lighting.

I've gotten really spoiled by using an Ultra-Bounce "dome" in small-room
lighting situations.  For example, when photographing my girls' birthday
parties at the house.  The light going everywhere looks totally natural and
the fall-off is smooth and almost non-existent in look.  It is the un-flash
look.

But, I've also taken to setting up a couple radio slaved flashes pointing at
the ceiling from two different corners of the room (to my right and left, I
use video production procedures by shooting in an 180 degree arc), so I
don't have to worry about shooting into the lights.  The dual ceiling flash
looks completely natural and like normal room lights.  Clamps are my
friends.

ag