Re: [OM] Manual flash, was: Radio receivers compatible with FL-36R/FL-50

Subject: Re: [OM] Manual flash, was: Radio receivers compatible with FL-36R/FL-50R?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 07:44:48 -0500
You may be referring to the 580EX's "catchlight" panel as the 580EX has
both a catchlight and diffuser panel.  The catchlight panel is a white
panel designed specifically for reflecting some light forward when the
flash is used in ceiling bounce position.  The diffuser panel is for
extending the angle of coverage to an 18mm lens.  The 540EZ doesn't have
a catchlight panel but the diffuser panel does manage to work somewhat
the same way if you just pull it out but don't fold it over the flash
tube.  You will not find what I described in the 540EZ manual.

Dr. Flash