Re: [OM] Radio receivers compatible with FL-36R/FL-50R?

Subject: Re: [OM] Radio receivers compatible with FL-36R/FL-50R?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:03:12 -0500
Some of these old Sunpak models with interchangeable feet (like the
422D) can be had with an OM TTL foot (labeled OT-1D).  I think the 433
and or the 444 may be fixed TTL feet but can still be found in OM TTL
models.  If you have no intention of using the flash with OMs it doesn't
matter whether it has a TTL foot or not or even what model of camera its
for.

For an inexpensive tripod/PC adapter shoe I recommend this one.  They
used to be common on ebay but now harder to find there due to hundreds
of auctions for other types which may or may not have a tripod socket on
the bottom.  But they can be found here:
<http://www.camerafilters.com/detail.aspx?id=1265>

I should note that, after having stated that the T-32 wasn't desirable
from a standpoint of only having two power levels, I do use T-32s but in
pairs as here.  In pairs I can get five power levels: 1/4, 1/2, 1, 1-1/4
and 2X.  If they're mounted behind an umbrella as shown here the
additional power may be welcome.
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/gear/Umbrella%20adapter%20mounted%20on%20tripod%20%232.jpg>
You should use diffusers such as an umbrella if doing portrait work but
is shooting candids in a house you can just bounce off ceilings and
walls for even better diffusion.

Dr. Flash