Re: [OM] OM-4Ti and OTF flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4Ti and OTF flash question
From: <pschings@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 23:27:34 -0500
Cc: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
In manual mode the shutter will always fire at whatever speed you set on the
shutter speed dial, 1/15 in this example. Whether there is a flash attached
doesn't matter.

When set to manual, the OM-4(T(i)) won't do TTL flash.

On the T32 and T20, setting TTL mode is the same as setting full power manual.
The flash will just do a full dump. If you take a close look at what the
calculator panel does when you flip it over to TTL, it just sets the mode
switch to ful power manual. If the camera is in Auto then it will quench the
flash when it decides it has correct exposure. I always keep my calculator
panel with the calculator side out, and just switch it to manual to do TTL.
That way I have the calculator panel available to help with rough exposure and
distance calculations.

Paul Schings