Re: [OM] OM-4Ti and OTF flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4Ti and OTF flash question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 19:45:28 -0800
Ken Norton wrote:
> If I have the OM-4T(i) in manual exposure mode and set the shutter speed to
> 1/15, what happens when I have a T-series flash in OTF-TTL mode go ready?
>  Will the camera fire at 1/15 or does the electronic shutter override the
> 1/15 setting and force it to 1/60?

Yup. Unless you cover the flash ready connector on the hot shoe. If you
do that, the flash ready light won't light, the camera won't know there
is a TTL flash attached and:

In Manual, you will get 1/15 sec. shutter speed.

In Auto, you will get whatever shutter speed is needed to complete the
exposure started by the flash, as with the original OM-2.

Moose