Re: [OM] WTB Oly 49mm lens cap (front)

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB Oly 49mm lens cap (front)
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 02:10:30 -0500
I don't think the strap is the same as a lens cap, as the lens cap
is something placed in the path of the light and is intimately connected
to the lens, whereas the strap is more like wearing a tie, which
I have not heard affecting the camera.

However, wearing a strap that has big bold red Canyon on it
could advertise to potential subjects that a hoity-toity photog
is in the vicinity... hence it will not affect the camera, only
one's reputation and subject reaction. The Domke strap is
highly recommended to avoid this outcome, and will actually
help prevent camera damage and loss.

Wayne