[OM] Re: Lexar 4gb CF Deal

Subject: [OM] Re: Lexar 4gb CF Deal
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 11:59:29 -0600
 >I can see how a micro drive would be easy to break.  I imagine that if
>CF card is dropped just right, something inside could crack.

The funny thing about microdrives is that they have NOT experienced that
great of a failure rate.  Everybody seems so concerned about them, but
they've actually been, in use, extremely reliable.

Slow?  Yes.  Power hogs?  Yes.  Reliable?  Yes.

I've been very careful in handling mine, by making sure I hold it by the
edges, but in-camera, I'm just as rough with the E-1 as I normally am.

AG