[OM] Re: Wanted: 8mm f/2.8 Fisheye

Subject: [OM] Re: Wanted: 8mm f/2.8 Fisheye
From: "iwert bernakiewicz" <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:24:00 +0100

> Hello Ken,

I can only say: I'ld love to! My OM's are craving to get used, but...
Digital is waaaaaay cheaper this side of the pond. And there economics come
in the calculation. As I said before, a single roll of film here totals
about 7 euro cost of film, 18 euro development and a soso scan: so 25 euro
in total for 36 images (or 72 if I go Pen!). In a year I easily did 50
rolls, totalling to an amount of 1250 euro. Print cost is the same for
both... so since I succumbed to digital there is about that amount I can
spend on family, travel or better purposes. And I am perfectly happy with my
E-1 still, but for architecture, the 7-14 + E-3 are difficult to beat in
ease of use and turnaround time. For my research of historic buildings
digital is certainly the easier solution and has as good or better quality.
And I really like that equipment as well.
But a few times a year I get out the 3Ti, or Pen D2 or 4T or 2n or Isolette
and feel very comfortable and at home. However with the E-3 on MF with the
100f2 I can feel perfectly good as well, and over time I have learned to
appreciate the 12-60 very much as well. I'ld love a good scanner as well,
but even a used V ED goes for over 500 euro here :(

Just my 2 eurocents...

Iwert