[OM] Re: Wanted: 8mm f/2.8 Fisheye

Subject: [OM] Re: Wanted: 8mm f/2.8 Fisheye
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:51:48 +1100

> Is there anybody who has a working, good-condition 8mm OM
> fisheye to sell me? I am prepared to pay for a good sample,
> but I don't quite
> know
> what the going rates are, so if anybody has theirs sitting on
> a shelf,
> and would
> rather it get some good use in traditional B&W out in South Africa,
> I'd love
> to buy it.

I think most of them have probably picked up the dreaded rear element
infection by now - just be very careful to inspect it before you buy.
Remember the same amount of light has to get through the small rear element
as comes through the big front element so a blemish on the FE is
insignificant compared to any blemish on the RE.

...Wayne