[OM] Re: Dealing with astigmatism through the viewfinder

Subject: [OM] Re: Dealing with astigmatism through the viewfinder
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 12:45:14 -0500
On Tuesday, November 04, 2008 07:42, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
snip
>  I was quite
> surprised at the difference between prescriptions not much more than a
> year apart.
>
> It's also possible to correct astigmatism with contact lenses (the lens
> is thicker and heavier on the bottom which keeps the lens properly
> rotated).    But I
> think he was playing dumb.  The web is full of scientific papers that
> discuss it.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

I've always had large astigmatism corrections in my glasses. It's enough that
switching between two pair of glasses it difficult.

I have a pair of single vision glasses for every day wear and take them off to
read. My next pair will most likely have to be bifocals because whenever I
have to read a map or directions I have to pull over to read them.

What I did was once I ended up with glasses that work for me I adjusted the
diopter on my OM4 until I could focus the screen. I have enough problems
trying to get one pair of glasses to work let alone several. I still can
focus most cameras but I'm not quite 48 yo.