[OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now a Digital-Fre

Subject: [OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now a Digital-Free Zone
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:14:48 -0500
>Congratulations! You are certainly one of only a few who could be relied
>on to both love AND use it.

Thank you.  I am making this pledge right now in front of the entire list.
If or when I no longer am shooting film, I will gift my kit onto others who
show the same desire, committment and need at absolutely no cost.  There is
no way I can profit from the generosity of others.  In fact, as of this
point, I will no longer "sell" any camera or darkroom equipment--it will all
be given away.  I've been doing some of that, but from here on out, my
equipment is of no monetary value to me.

The list of people among this group who have blessed me is starting to get a
bit long.  I'll not name them all here today, but through the years my wife
and I have had very very tight financial conditions due to her twice
surviving cancer, other health challenges and my being involved in a failed
business startup.  There's nothing like a bit of forced hardship to not only
keep us humble, but to appreciate friendships no matter how far or obscure.
We're better off now than we have been in 11 years. As my wife and I are in
the ministry (she pastors a small church), it is "normal" for us to always
be giving of ourselves to others, but we have to be reminded that giving of
ourselves to others isn't a job, but a love that comes from deep inside.
I've not been able to give to others in some ways, but I pledge to continue
to give to others in any way I can.

It may seem strange in some wierd way, but there are people here on the list
(and past members) who I count among my best friends.  I'll just single out
one person--Tom Scales.  When my wife was battling cancer, Tom was a
tremendous encouragement to me as he knew what it meant to be a spouse of a
wife suffering from an extreme health crisis.  He may never realize the
impact he had on our lives.

This is what the OM list is all about.  It's not about the equipment, it's
about our friendships.  Yes, Moose, you're a friend too!

Ken Norton, aka AG-Schnozz

AG=Silver
Schnozz=Nose