[OM] Re: Macs r us

Subject: [OM] Re: Macs r us
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:55:59 -0700

On Oct 24, 2008, at 9:34 AM, Ken Norton wrote:

> Which versions of the Macbook should I be considering and how should
> I have
> them optioned?  This is new territory for me and if I can't get past
> the
> heebie jeebies, I'll end up snagging a Lenovo or some other Windoze
> machine
> with a solid case for less money.  Please keep in mind, my financial
> limit
> and the fact that this is a solo machine with no desktop computer to
> shift
> the heavy lifting to.
> AG

One option is the just discontinued MB (or even the MBP). I'm sure you
can get them at discount. Yea, you'll lose the slightly faster
processor, graphics card, and system bus. But it's a bit of $$, which
you can put elsewhere. Something to think about. If you (or someone
you know) works for K-12 or Higher Ed, you can get Ed. discounts which
are usually about 150 on the laptops. Something to consider.

/s