[OM] Re: paypal

Subject: [OM] Re: paypal
From: "Charles Geilfuss" <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:05:59 -0400
Yeah we do:
    Federal Income Tax
    State Income Tax
   County Property Tax (house)
   State Property Tax (Cars, Boats)
    City Property Tax (house)
    Sales Tax (goods & services)
   Various User Fees
   County Storm Water Run Off Tax (that I pay on 3 acres of woods I own...go
figure)
    Federal Gasoline Tax
   State Gasoline Tax
   FICA (Social Security Fund...HA, HA, HA...I'll never see a penny of it).
    Medicare & Medicaid
   Capital Gains Tax
   Corporate Income Tax (which they pay and then pass on to me as a business
expense)

   As yet there is no Value Added Tax.
   I'm sure there are others I've left out.

  For this I get:

     1) Damn good military; now if they would only use it when it is
*really* needed.
      2) Pretty good roads (but then again I live in SC; wasn't the case
when I lived in NY).
     3) Garbage pickup
     4) Mosquito Abatement (this should really be #1).
     5)Extremely variable Public Schools (should be divorced from property
taxes and come out of State General revenues; each school then funded the
same per capita).
      6) Very good un-manned space program; so-so manned space program.
     7) Some very good and not-so-good Federal, State, County, City Parks.
   8) I'm still thinking...but lots of little picky things like pickle
research.

Stepping down from short soapbox,
Charlie