[OM] Re: paypal

Subject: [OM] Re: paypal
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:30:16 -0400
On Friday, October 24, 2008 06:24, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Yup - 10% tax here on all things except unprocessed food (and that
> was a reluctant concession).
> But what might freak the murkins is the idea of a Services Tax like
> what the rest of us pay.
> Sales tax only? - Luxury!
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What does a service tax tax? I think we may be in a terminology difference
here. Sales tax covers a lot territory. For example If I take my car to the
garage and have it repairs I pay sales tax on the whole bill.

There are also a lot of hidden taxes making it hard to get a good accounting
of what the government actually gets from an individual. I also think, that
to be fair, health care costs have to be added into the tax pile since the
manor in which health care gets paid for is so different from one country to
the next.