[OM] Taxes WAS: paypal

Subject: [OM] Taxes WAS: paypal
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:10:23 -0700
For those not in the United States, understand that this varies greatly
from state to state. As an example, in Washington state we have a sales
tax on goods and labor (but not food you buy at the grocery store.) The
tax applies to labor (such as a car or bike repair) but not to
'professional' services (tax preparation, haircuts, ect.) There is a
base rate fro the state, and then each locality (town, city, ect) has
their own tax added on. The sales tax is rather high here in Washington,
but is balanced by the fact that we do not have a state income tax.
Oregon on the other hand does not have a sales tax, but does have a
state income tax!

Jim Couch