[OM] Re: temple

Subject: [OM] Re: temple
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:27:47 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I like the middle one best.  I think the problem with the layers/masks
> version is that the building is too bright relative to the dark sky which
> makes it look unnatural.  Somewhere between the two is probably the right mix.

I agree with the relative brightness issue. Also, perhaps in the channel
mixing or some other processing, the shadows on the lower part of the
temple became very flat, making the building appear flat.

My efforts are grainier/coarser than the original, as a result of
working with a small considerably compressed JPEG. No masks are needed
to perk up the color version, says the Masked Moose.

I rather like the second B&W version, as a non-representational
'ethereal' version placing the temple outside normality. I offer a more
down to earth alternative with contrast and texture in the temple giving
a 3D quality to it.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Rutherford/Bahai.htm>

Moose