[OM] Re: Hack your PowerShot

Subject: [OM] Re: Hack your PowerShot
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 15:57:08 -0400
errrrr,
Eagle eyed Moose is correct. A710 uses the Vxworks OS.  I prefer to
believe that was a typo than cognitive error.

I did order a new SDHC card with the rebate scheme at 4GB to try the
hack. I hope it uses the whole card per Chuck.
Perhaps the alternative loading scheme will be perfected, though one of
the top tier developers would have to do it and that could be awhile.
if ever.  I probably wouldn't bother on an A-650 as I can't see ever
not loading CHDK and the fuss each time booting the cam wouldn't be
worth the larger storage.  Perfecting auto-boot with FAT 32 has been
mentioned on the dev. site but I don't think there has been much
progress.
Mike

Do you mean the A720? I think the A710 is the old OS.