[OM] Re: Hack your PowerShot

Subject: [OM] Re: Hack your PowerShot
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 14:43:53 +0000
FAT 16 is normally limited to 2GB since disk cluster sizes are normally limited
to 32KB. But FAT16 can be extended to a total disk size of 4GB by using a
cluster size of 64KB (maximum value of an unsigned 16 bit integer).  64KB
clusters are considered non-standard although they were allowed for Windows NT
where they were first introduced.  You will be able to create a 4GB FAT16
partition on your 8GB or even larger card but you won't be able to use the full
size of the card.  4GB is a hard and fast limit.

Chuck Norcutt