[OM] Re: Hack your PowerShot

Subject: [OM] Re: Hack your PowerShot
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:15:34 -0400
The port to the G9 is 98% completed for all the firmware
flavors--hoorah!  Just a couple minor bugs that are being swatted at
light speed.

Any DRYOS Cam for now must have the hack loaded on a Fat16 formatted
SD. There are some fancier ways for other
Canyon cams with a small Fat 16 partition to load the hack and a large
FAT32 partition. I don't think that works for DRYOS cams 710 a650 G7,
G9 AFAIK so I guess the max size card to use would be 4GB. The "update"
mode whereby it boots with the native firmware first is unavailable for
the G9 though Canyon has made available a patch to update the firmware
for a small defect in focusing in higher res movie mode that may enable
the developers to reverse engineer this way to load it-.
I always worry about non vanilla formatting and losing data, but Moose
reports no trouble.

As per previous threads and Moose's comments it enable all sorts of
interesting capabilities the most im'pt of which is the RAW mode. This
is irrelevant for the G9 but the Zebra mode display on half press, DOF
calculator, customizable live histograms with each color channel if
desired, focus bracketing, auto timer for time lapse sequence, motion
detector (can capture lightening) are some of the included features w/o
writing any custom scripts.

Mike