[OM] Re: More U.S. OO images

Subject: [OM] Re: More U.S. OO images
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:04:10 -0700
Wayne Harridge wrote:
>> On offer today, Manager's Special: two more sets of images, from Rob
>> Harrison and Moose. They have been added to the temporary Odyssey "annex"
>> Web site:
>>

>> More great images.
>>
>> Moose, what about the perspective in "All Fall Down" ?

Like aspects of many still life images, it's artificial. The subject is
just as I found it; the colorful lily petals having fallen and lost
color, so they become about texture. Even the ladybug on the rock is as
I found it. I assume Carol Anne found it and put it there when the
flowers were fresh., but I don't know for sure, and chose not to ask.

The original perspective was from as far up above as I could go without
the foliage obscuring the main subject elements. Then I squared up the
cloth in PS, which is not natural, but was somehow more the look I
wanted. I thought about taking a shot without the vase, which could have
been square to the table, but I wanted the source of the fallen leaves
to be part of the 'story' in the image. This particular time, I didn't
want to move anything from its 'found' state, which seemed to me just
perfect.

Thanks for looking close enough to notice. ;-)

Moose