[OM] Re: 5dmarkII

Subject: [OM] Re: 5dmarkII
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 00:07:46 -0400
At 11:20 PM 9/18/2008, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:

>No looking to gore any bull here.  I was licking my chops at the
>preview on DPR and just meandered to the forum for a quicik look during
>a hectic day and was taken aback by the venom.  I think some was
>directed at the AF/fps  tracking fast objects for birders and sports
>photog.

That's pretty much my read on the situation too Mike.  Also, there
were some wedding photographers that were hoping for improvements in
the precision of the outer focusing points.  Most of the complainers
seemed to be expecting a completely different camera - less MPs with
upgrades to the focus and frame rate.  Something similar to a scaled
down 1DIII maybe? If there aren't any nasty surprises once the camera
starts being delivered I'll probably upgrade to one.  The extra
resolution should be nice for large landscape prints.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA