[OM] Re: 5dmarkII

Subject: [OM] Re: 5dmarkII
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:07:35 -0700
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Much dissing on dprev.---same AF as 5D and ergonomic complaints. It doesn't
> appear Canyon has totally solved their AF issues---they reportedly put big
> bucks and personnel on the problem.
Huh? Did I miss a memo? I've never been aware of any focus problem with
the 5D. You mean all those pics I thought were sharp are actually out of
focus? Darn!

Seriously, I haven't heard of any such thing, nor encountered it. I'm
aware of the focus issues with the 1D MkIII, but I thought the cause had
been finally identified and cured.

Sure this isn't another of the imaginary issues some folks on forums
invent in order to have things to rant about?

Ergonomic complaints before the thing has been in anybody's hands yet? Feh!

The body, while similar to the 5D, is somewhat different. And they moved
the ISO button where it belonged in the first place. Confusing to anyone
using both, but still - getting it right can't be all bad. How can
anybody tell what it will feel and operate like without using it?

No, I'm not diving into that dpreview forum snakepit. Life is sweeter
without it.

Moose