[OM] Re: [OT] Seriously who can afford one of these?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Seriously who can afford one of these?
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:37:31 +0100
2008/8/22 Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Now students don't have to learn something by writing it down - they
> can take away a copy and lose it. What an advance!

Lecture, n:  A means of transferring the lecturer's notes to the
students' notes without having them pass through the minds of
either[1].  This is a much more efficient way of doing it.  I guess
it's only tradition that keeps lectures happening ;)

[1] Can't remember who that's quoted from now.... must consult my notes.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong. Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer