[OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour - Yellowstone

Subject: [OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour - Yellowstone
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:20:55 -0700
jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I remember sitting with my parents at a Mexican restaurant eating tacos. My
> dad was looking at the two bottles of homemade hot sauce sitting on table one
> red one green.  He could not get the waitress's attention to ask
> her which one was the hot one.  He asked my mother which one was hotter using
> logic she said that it must be the green one since it "looked" cooler.  It
> was not he drained his beer my mothers beer and my soda in about 3 seconds
> flat.
My late wife was born in Mexico City, leading to vacations and family
visits there and I did business in Mexico at one time. I still vacation
there occasionally. I've eaten a lot of Mexican sauces. I am of the
opinion that color has no correlation to 'hotness' in any global sense.

That's also true of Mexican restaurants hereabouts. In one excellent
one, the hottest sauce is green, as is the mildest. The stuff in the
middle is red.

Liquids do little to help for the simple reason that the heat is in an
oil. Something to absorb it , like bread or rice, works better in my
experience.

Moose