[OM] Re: camera hoarding

Subject: [OM] Re: camera hoarding
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:28:19 -0700
Bob Docherty wrote:
> I complained to a friend about the gear I hoard and he looked me straight in
> the eye and said, "get over it, you're a collector."
A wise piece of advice. ;-)
> I hide some of his newly bought buck knife collectrion at my house until he
> can sneak it into his while his wife is out....

Are you sure his advice wasn't just a ploy to keep you as enabler?
> We all have different packrat mentalities :) Plus I couldn't pass up that
> Tokina 80-200mm f/2.8 that showed up on my porch tonight for
> $86/delivered....I only had the Tamron before today..

Great price! We have the same packrat mentality on that. I have had both
for some time. I know I should pick one and let the other free.........

The Tokina has the better tripod mount and is lighter. But - it seems
the Tammy might be optically better, or so folks say. And I've never
tried a shoot-off. I suppose it would be easier and cheaper now with the 5D.

So here they stay so far.

Moose