[OM] Re: FS: OM 50mm f/1.2

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: OM 50mm f/1.2
From: "Amin Sabet" <asabet@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:01:30 -0400
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of the pieces of OM gear I never "got". I have a 50/1.4 >1,085,000
> in EX+ condition. I paid $66 incl. shipping.
>
> It's a great lens. I've used it many times, including my last TOPE. Used
> it again today. Will one of those shots make the next TOPE? Maybe. I
> think you will see at least one somewhere soon.
>
> How much is one third of a stop worth? A lot more to some other folks
> than to me.

I suppose you are right that the 50/1.4 hits the value sweet spot
between the f/1.8 and the f/1.2 versions.  The 50/1.2 is remarkably
compact for an f/1.2 lens, so size wasn't a compelling reason for me
to choose the f/1.4 lens.  Having not owned the 50/1.4, I can only say
that I have been very impressed with the performance of the 50/1.2.
Some day I'll buy another copy of this lens.  Right now I've got a
sale pending with this one, and I will miss it.

Regards,
Amin