[OM] Re: What kind of glue for plexiglass?

Subject: [OM] Re: What kind of glue for plexiglass?
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:35:45 +0100
<snip>

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Andrew Fildes

The correct glue for plexiglass is a rather nasty solvent (various
names) which is a thin clear fluid that melts the faces and allows a
very strong weld style joint.

</snip>

Not so much of a grammatical correction (I'm just as guilty of those
mistakes as anyone else), more of a technical correction.

I remember my GCSE Technology teacher berating me for describing the
process with the solvent as "melting".  Melting involves heat.  What the
solvent is doing is, as the word "solvent" implies, dissolving.

End result is the same though, and it's the way I'd go.  Use the solvent
to stick it together (should add strength to the crack / break and
hopefully stop it spreading), then maybe use some silicon to fill the
gap if there is still a gap ?

Hope that helps,

Jon