[OM] Re: What kind of glue for plexiglass?

Subject: [OM] Re: What kind of glue for plexiglass?
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:30:16 -0500
I've built two underwater macro boxes out of plexiglass, and two
artificial streams, and when I bought the plexiglass, I also got a
squeeze bottle of some organic solvent.  The squeeze bottle had a large
hypodermic needle on it, and one simple held the two pieces of
plexiglass together, gently squeezed some of this organic solvent
between the two surfaces in contact, and the solvent welded the
plexiglass pieces together.  Sorry, there's no label on the squeeze
bottle, so I don't know what the solvent is.  If the mating surfaces of
plexiglass are smooth and clamped together, they become one solid welded
piece.  I watched the pros in the shop putting together pretty complex
plexiglass assemblies, and it was all done with this solvent weld.  Talk
to your plexiglass dealer.
Dean