[OM] Re: What kind of glue for plexiglass?

Subject: [OM] Re: What kind of glue for plexiglass?
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:35:25 -0700 (PDT)
Bill,
     TAP plastics with outlets in CA, is a great source for stuff like that:
http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=130&;
If you live in CA the store staff are quite knowledgeable, because they
fabricate plexiglass signs
all the time in house.

Since you want to run adhesive into a seam, you need the low viscosity adhesive
as shown in link
above.    You could also just use Ether, if you can lay your hand on some.

The tube adhesives for plexiglass tend to be higher viscosity so less likely to
wick inside. (eg
tube applied:  http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=132&;)

As others pointed out, RTV silicon will also work well as a seal, if placed on
inside.
Many RTV's produce Acetic acid while curing, so you need to allow it to clear
out by diffusion and
maybe washing before you use it, as it acts like stop bath residue!

Tim Hughes