[OM] Re: OT. I killed the beast

Subject: [OM] Re: OT. I killed the beast
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 21:40:48 +1000
Got home on Saturday after a looong day and got a call from a friend
- can I pick him up from hospital. He'd wet roaded two days before -
high-sided over the handlebars of his mountain bike (his SUV was in
repair). No car involved, just and awkward turn on a wet hill. Broken
humereus (pinned), both elbows cracked and sub-orbital ridge cracked
plus some nasty cuts and bruises to arm and face. A helmet doesn't
help when you bite a rock. You don't need to be moving fast.
I'll get some shots - he's even uglier than that car.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx