[OM] Re: minimizing scan noise - was: How I did this?

Subject: [OM] Re: minimizing scan noise - was: How I did this?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 10:00:54 +0800
I have tried 8x, there is little difference from 1x in 4000ED, scanner noise
is not as critical as film grain, noise reduction software is the best
solution. I use Neat Image, 100% of the negatives I scanned pass NI, it
improves the grain a lot. You may try Neat Image, it has a free version
which only support JPEG output. Some twisting on the settting is required to
maximize the output quality without affecting the image detail.

C.H.Ling