[OM] Re: New scanner and mass scanning projects [was Sixteen Bit Scannin

Subject: [OM] Re: New scanner and mass scanning projects [was Sixteen Bit Scanning and Photoshop]
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:28:12 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

>> I'm now retired and have time for this daunting stuffs :-)
> I've been retired for eight years now. I still don't like slow,
> repetitive tasks. And I don't see how I ever found time for work. :-)

Yeah! I feel the same. But most of my colleagues don't understand or they
don't have enough personal interests? They think it must be very boring when
retired so they tried to work until the company tell them to retire.

> The 4000 ED and FS4000 are different designs, nominally the same
> resolution, and I think pretty much the same in practical results.
> However, I don't think Epson reached the true resolution and IQ level of
> the Canon 9950F with their 4850, or even the 4990. Only with the
> V700/750 did they reach the full potential of flatbed 4800dpi, just
> edging out the 9950F

Electronics equipment gets better and better, I do believe some later
flatbed will do a great job. I have/had three over $1K film scanners and two
over $400 flatbeds, I just don't want to invest on scanner anymore.

C.H.Ling