[OM] Re: [OT] grammar question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] grammar question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:17:11 -0700
Paul Braun wrote:
> Moose wrote:
>
>> the blessings of time shifted TV viewing. I skip the commercials, and didn't
>> even know this was a phrase from an ad campaign.
>>
>> A. Sheltered Moose
>>
> I take it you also don't listen to radio?  That overwhelmingly annoying
> jingle is also all over the radio.
Nope. I used to listen to music when I commuted, but long ago switched
from radio to first cassettes, then CDs, and now moving toward MP3s. My
current phone takes microSD cards and acts as an MP3 player. I've ripped
a lot of my favorite music from CDs and put it on the phone. I holds
more music than the CD case I keep in one car. I hear VERY few commercials.

I don't buy music from iTunes (evil) or other on-line sources. The stuff
I copy from CDs sounds just as good in the car as the CDs. For listening
at home, it's still CD or vinyl. I know lots of people who have radio as
the background to their lives. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not me.
Being lucky enough to live where it's quiet, I rather enjoy the peace.

Living where I do, many people I know seem to have some form of public
radio on much of the time. So they are spared the McDs commercials. But
I can't believe a steady diet of that stuff can be good for them. Do
kids listen to commercial radio any more? I thought they were all
plugged into their iPods or other music players.

I have no idea who the current audience for commercial or satellite
radio is. I guess even more than I thought, I'm

A. Sheltered Moose