[OM] Re: [OT] Dealing with weak wireless network signals

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Dealing with weak wireless network signals
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 21:28:34 +0200
I haven't studied it but I understand that a MIMO device uses multiple
antennas that are combined to steer the directionality towards the
transmitter.  I recall claims that they can improve the range.
I have a draft-N router with MIMO and a regular laptop without and it
certainly communicates better (faster) then my old B-router.  But that
could be N.  Or the router.
Anyway I don't think it can make things worse
good luck
jez