[OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:42:19 -0400
Ali,

The guy I studied portraiture with had a simple single flash setup on a
stand to act as a fill light, the key light being whatever was available
light. Sometimes he added a tiny Morris cube flash as a rim/hair light. This
setup is strictly for posed shots, you will *never* get a minister of any
type to agree to lots of flash units in a wedding ceremony event. I don't
shoot weddings as I don't want the stress but I am certain that simple is
usually best. If you spend time futzing with the technical stuff you will
miss shots and not get the best out of people. The content of the shots
matter more than what kit you use.

Dan S.