[OM] Re: [OT] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot
From: Robert Burnette <r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 01:47:27 -0400
Ali:

After offering you another point of view, I think I should also tell you that I
sympathize with you in your "encounter." ;o)  Remember that priests, ministers,
rabbis, etc. are only human, although some try to act otherwise. All people
have their foibles, although many do not seem to recognize their own. I have
encountered clergy persons who are unaccustomed to having their "authority"
challenged by others, no matter how minor the challenge. These people were
easily offended and quick to show it. While demanding respect, they frequently
disrespected others. To me, that is a sign of spiritual immaturity.

On the other hand, some simply have unwavering convictions about God, sacred
things, places, rituals and decorum. They respect religious traditions and
render reverence where it is deemed appropriate. Such ministers generally
expect no less from people in their congregations and/or religious services.
For them religious decorum is an appropriate subject for instruction, both
corporately and individually. Such a priest would expect anyone to follow the
rules once they had been explained and feel disappointed if that was not the
case. You can speculate as to which type of priest you encountered.  ;o)

I will say that if that is the only thing that went wrong on your first
Christian church wedding, you did quite well.  I can just imagine what I would
need to know to photograph a wedding for a different faith group. I'd need to
know a lot more than where to stand to take the photos. And just think, you may
never be in that church or see that priest again. So, as the saying goes,
"Don't worry; be happy!"

Robert