[OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 11:58:10 +1000
Moose wrote:
> Second one, we walked up to the County Courthouse on our lunch break.
> All we had was us, a friend as witness, judge and clerk.

The Loved One and I intend to be married this year or early next (bugger
what the government says). It is intended to be a small service on a
beach in a little cove, with someone I consider wise enough (rather than
"registered") giving it the desired emotional sanctity, followed by a
walk back to a breakfast reception at a local restaurant that sits on
the main beach itself. Clothes will be strictly casual. In fact, board
shorts will virtually be compulsory, considering...

After breakfast we can all strip down and lie on the beach and go for a
body-bash and generally avoid the whole Dimboola-esque episode of
everyone getting as totally pissed as possible until clumsy groping
(love and anger) breaks out amongst half the guests. Hell, it's my
wedding - not Christmas.

Photographically-speaking, everyone (including us) can have a
"throwaway" camera (or bring their own) and take as many photos where
and when they like - in fact, I'll insist on it as a "wedding present".
I don't care if they're overexposed, underexposed, blurry,
ordinarily-composed or poorly-lit. In the end, it'll be images from the
point of view of the people there, and that'll be enough for me. Time
(my wedding) and place (PoV of my family) is what it's all about.

Cheers,
Marc (who doesn't really know why he is telling you all this)
Noosa Heads, Oz