[OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:14:46 -0400
Nice shots.  Well done.  I see that you've learned your lesson to never
trust the bride and always talk to the officiating priest/rabbi/minister
personally to query about your limits on where you can and can't go and
where and when you can or can't use flash.

I think the tripod identified the professional digital photographer.
Tripods have more function than simply holding the camera steady for a
long exposure.  They are very important for group shots for accurate
leveling and framing and, in the digital era, giving you a good
possibility of swapping heads when you finally discover that, despite
having made 10 shots of the group, there is no single shot with everyone
smiling with eyes open and looking at the camera.  If the camera hasn't
moved and you've kept the group from milling about you have at least a
fair chance of stealing a head or two from another shot to fix up the
best of the lot but which still isn't quite perfect.  I've done it many
times although it's usually only necessary to replace eyes which are
closed or obscured by reflections in glasses.

Assuming you haven't already cropped them I saw a couple shots which
would have benefited from a wider coverage angle to give you greater
freedom in cropping later on.  I'm sensitive to that one because it's my
own greatest self-criticism.

Good job!

Chuck Norcutt