[OM] E-1 updating - confused again!

Subject: [OM] E-1 updating - confused again!
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 16:39:37 +1000
Two questions really.
1. I had a problem updating firmware on my E-330 - solved it but I
thought the latest version provided AF in B mode. Not according to
mine. Or was that only in A mode Live view?

2. Just playing with the E-1 I picked up off ebay. Nice machine
innit, with some deficiencies of course. (Is there a histogram
display?) However in attempting to upgrade, neither Viewer nor Master
2 will recognise the camera. The computer knows that a device is
there, I've connected directly to the computer and not a hub  and
I've set PC mode to 'Control' but nothing comes up on the LCD and
both programs claim that they cannot detect a camera. I'm sure I've
followed all instructions but... any ideas?

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx