[OM] Re: How about those Red Wings an alternate discussion for those out

Subject: [OM] Re: How about those Red Wings an alternate discussion for those out o
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:56:41 +1000
Plato claimed that attempting to live by fulfilling your desires for
material things was like running around trying to fill a leaky jar -
you'll never be satisfied or content. Aristotle, a more practical man
admitted that it was a smidgen easier to be happier if you were well
off but saw the life of desire as no more than the life of the beast
- that is, what animals do (he recommended the life of duty and the
life of reason).
If we've known about this for the last two and a half thousand years,
how on earth do we still keep getting it so very, very wrong?
Insert answer here <     >.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx