[OM] Re: How about those Red Wings an alternate discussion for those out

Subject: [OM] Re: How about those Red Wings an alternate discussion for those out o
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 20:17:52 -0400
Probably 30% of the population...a lot of people in a country of 300
million. Sure it could be supplied to 90%, even 100% of Americans if the
will was there. If the will was there we could provide health care for all
and Eliminate the crushing poverty that consumes so many in the "richest
nation on earth". They always claim it can't be done, yet countries like
Canada, France, Germany, and Japan seem able to do it.

Remember that America's wealth is never seen by most of our people. In my
city, the second largest city in a state regarded as fairly wealthy compared
to many others, the city government recently admitted that 60% of the jobs
pay less than $8 an hour and 80% pay less than $11, which the city considers
the minimum that one can live on here without receiving Welfare or living
with parents or friends. And welfare isn't available to men under any
circumstance, and is available to women only if they have illigitimate
children and the father(s) of the kids have run off (mothers who are married
or still with the kid's father cannot get welfare). This is not a rich
country, it is a poor one with a few people who are so wealthy that they
outshine the wealth of most of the world.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design