[OM] Re: How about those Red Wings an alternate discussion for those out

Subject: [OM] Re: How about those Red Wings an alternate discussion for those out o
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 19:19:37 -0400
Moose wrote:
> I find the fierce and unflagging negativism of his viewpoint
> and his expressed experience of life quite enjoyable, bracing, even.
>

> Moose
I realize I'm on a list that finds they'll never have a problem for the
rest of their lives surviving no matter how high costs rise. Most
lifestyles here aren't affected in the slightest by gas/home heating oil
costs, and might even only notice it because the media is making such an
annoying stink about it. I mean "$1.50 a gallon, $5.50 a gallon - what's
the big friggin' deal. Its hardly an increase, and my company pays my
healthcare for the rest of my life!"-or some such thoughts.

But finding it "enjoyable" that I've had to start selling off the few
things I have in order to keep my home for maybe another year or so,
sucks, and sounds like you're looking at success in life as if it is all
about "hard work", and "choices we make" or "we make our own success or
failure" types of ridiculous mantras.  None of these are truisms, or
hard & fast rules in any way. So, I'm happy that my difficulties that
have magnified themselves over the last 7-8 years or so have been so
exciting to you. Its great that my opinions formed from my experiences
give you greater entertainment than people fervently fighting over a
flat rubber thing being smacked around. Especially since so many
millions are spent to hype people into thinking its actually engaging to
stare at.