[OM] Re: [OT] Interior design

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Interior design
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 11:16:10 -0700 (PDT)
> Develop only then scan.  Use the construction and equipment
> budget for a good scanner.

Already have the Nikon Coolscan V-ED.  I consider it adequate for my purposes,
although, I should have listened to my wife and gotten the 5000-ED.

For the darkroom, I'm looking at getting a slot-processor. This has the benefit
of needing very little space AND addresses the setup/cleanup issues for
darkroom sessions.  I'd really like to get a decent 4x5 enlarger.

The problem I've run into is that I've acquired what I consider to be the
pinnacle of enlarger exposure equipment.  If it wasn't for that RH Designs
timer and analyzer, the decision would be a whole lot easier.

But more to your point, I've been using Ilford XP-2 for the past year with
great success. However, I'm starting to get a little nervous about the
availablity of places that process C-41.  I'm pretty well married to Ilford B&W
films, but may have to start migrating back to my Delta films and process
Ilfotec DD-X.  I'm also looking seriously at returning to Pan-F.

Digital is good, but digital ain't B&W film.  It isn't a matter of which is
"better", it's a matter of asthetics.  Digital ain't there yet.  Besides, I
have that wonderful gift OM-4T (thanks again, Jim), to feed.

AG

Be a better friend, newshound, and