[OM] What to buy, what to buy.

Subject: [OM] What to buy, what to buy.
From: Steve & Alicia Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 22:30:33 -0500
Hi, Y'all-
It's about time for me to buy a second digicam. The original digi, a
Kodak Z650 is still going strong, but it can't be used by two people at
once.

My daughter and I are members of a group that does dad & daughter
outings, and I have morphed into one of the main event photographers.
Since my daughter goes with me, she wants to take pictures too, and is
not interested in using film. I do use some film, but it's getting more
inconvenient to get it processed. So I mostly use the digi, which leaves
Sarah with not much to do.

These outings generally involve camping in fairly primitive conditions.
While we are out there, we might be canoeing, rock climbing, kayaking,
backpacking, or mountain biking. That means that a weather proofed or
sealed camera would be a good idea. We haven't gotten any of our cameras
wet yet, but we have gotten them very dusty.

The problem is that I can only budget about $400 for the camera and
whatever storage cards / lenses / etc. I need to go with it. So the E3
is out. A used E1 or E330 from KEH might be possible, though.

I am leaning towards Olympus, to get some more use out of my OM lenses,
and so I'm not disqualified from TOPE just because I'm not using film at
the moment. On the other hand, something that would use the same SD
cards as the Kodak would be nice, too.

So what ideas do all Y'all august members of the list have?

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa