[OM] Stylus1030 or Nikon S52c?

Subject: [OM] Stylus1030 or Nikon S52c?
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 23:20:41 -0400 (EDT)
I'm looking into getting a pocket camera where the lens does  not protrude when
the camera is turned on.  Two on my list are the Stylus 1030 and the
(Blasphemy!) Nikon S52 or S52c.

The Stylus's big draw is its water and shock resistance.  The Nikon's big draw
is ability to transmit pictures to a PC with wifi (S52c).

Strangely enough, my current thinking is that image stabilization might
outweigh the other features, as I see using the camera in low light situations
more often than in water or dropping it.

The s52/s52c has VR stabilization.  Does the Stylus 1030 have true IS, or does
it merely claim that high ISOs allow for stabilization like some earlier
Olympus P&S cameras did?

----- Larry Woods
      lmwoods@xxxxxxx